Jessica Simpson discovered pregnancy during champagne test
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.6 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jessica Simpson Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Simpson Twitter/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Jessica Simpson found out about her pregnancy while checking to make sure she could drink champagne during a romantic weekend away with her fiance and some friends.
The pop star-turned-businesswoman suspected she was with child and decided to make sure before heading off on a boozy break.
PHOTOS: Jessica's bump watch
She tells U.S. news show "Access Hollywood," "I was just kinda feeling a little off before we went away for a weekend... and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to have a couple of glasses of champagne and I was not in the clear."
Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson, who was with her at the time, had no idea the singer was taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom and was "shocked" when she told him about the baby.
She adds, "I came in, like, shaking, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is happening!' We both cried... We just sat there and stared at each other and were like, 'OK, we're doing this!'"
The star, who publicly confirmed rumors about her pregnancy at Halloween, Oct. 31, admits she is enjoying life as an expectant mum.
PHOTOS: Jess and Eric's ride to romance
She adds, "Pregnancy is a friend of mine, so everything has been running smoothly. So far so good, no morning sickness. I feel great. I'm tired but I'm making a baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite