Jessica Simpson discovered pregnancy during champagne test
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.6 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jessica Simpson Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Simpson Twitter/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Jessica Simpson found out about her pregnancy while checking to make sure she could drink champagne during a romantic weekend away with her fiance and some friends.
The pop star-turned-businesswoman suspected she was with child and decided to make sure before heading off on a boozy break.
PHOTOS: Jessica's bump watch
She tells U.S. news show "Access Hollywood," "I was just kinda feeling a little off before we went away for a weekend... and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to have a couple of glasses of champagne and I was not in the clear."
Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson, who was with her at the time, had no idea the singer was taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom and was "shocked" when she told him about the baby.
She adds, "I came in, like, shaking, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is happening!' We both cried... We just sat there and stared at each other and were like, 'OK, we're doing this!'"
The star, who publicly confirmed rumors about her pregnancy at Halloween, Oct. 31, admits she is enjoying life as an expectant mum.
PHOTOS: Jess and Eric's ride to romance
She adds, "Pregnancy is a friend of mine, so everything has been running smoothly. So far so good, no morning sickness. I feel great. I'm tired but I'm making a baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite