Jessica Simpson discovered pregnancy during champagne test
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.6 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jessica Simpson Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Simpson Twitter/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Jessica Simpson found out about her pregnancy while checking to make sure she could drink champagne during a romantic weekend away with her fiance and some friends.
The pop star-turned-businesswoman suspected she was with child and decided to make sure before heading off on a boozy break.
PHOTOS: Jessica's bump watch
She tells U.S. news show "Access Hollywood," "I was just kinda feeling a little off before we went away for a weekend... and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to have a couple of glasses of champagne and I was not in the clear."
Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson, who was with her at the time, had no idea the singer was taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom and was "shocked" when she told him about the baby.
She adds, "I came in, like, shaking, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is happening!' We both cried... We just sat there and stared at each other and were like, 'OK, we're doing this!'"
The star, who publicly confirmed rumors about her pregnancy at Halloween, Oct. 31, admits she is enjoying life as an expectant mum.
PHOTOS: Jess and Eric's ride to romance
She adds, "Pregnancy is a friend of mine, so everything has been running smoothly. So far so good, no morning sickness. I feel great. I'm tired but I'm making a baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite