Jessica Simpson discovered pregnancy during champagne test
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.6 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jessica Simpson Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Simpson Twitter/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- 'Undateable' Gets Second Season From NBCMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:18:00 PM
- Emmys Parties Preview 2014: How to Spend August on a Champagne Diet (Updating)MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:34:00 PM
- Apple to Cut Beats Staff by 200 Following $3 Billion AcquisitionMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:11:00 PM
- John Stamos to Armor Up for ABC's 'Galavant'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:36:00 PM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong Kong
Jessica Simpson found out about her pregnancy while checking to make sure she could drink champagne during a romantic weekend away with her fiance and some friends.
The pop star-turned-businesswoman suspected she was with child and decided to make sure before heading off on a boozy break.
PHOTOS: Jessica's bump watch
She tells U.S. news show "Access Hollywood," "I was just kinda feeling a little off before we went away for a weekend... and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to have a couple of glasses of champagne and I was not in the clear."
Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson, who was with her at the time, had no idea the singer was taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom and was "shocked" when she told him about the baby.
She adds, "I came in, like, shaking, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is happening!' We both cried... We just sat there and stared at each other and were like, 'OK, we're doing this!'"
The star, who publicly confirmed rumors about her pregnancy at Halloween, Oct. 31, admits she is enjoying life as an expectant mum.
PHOTOS: Jess and Eric's ride to romance
She adds, "Pregnancy is a friend of mine, so everything has been running smoothly. So far so good, no morning sickness. I feel great. I'm tired but I'm making a baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite