Snooki vs. Snooky the Cat: Officials Reject 'Jersey Shore' Star's Attempt to Trademark Her Name
- Photo: FayesVision/.1 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: ./Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Winslow/Prahl/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Aims for $80M Box Office Debut, But It Won'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:11:29 PM
- Rapper Nelly Talks Past and Present Grammy Snubs, Infamous Larry David Viral PhotoMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:09:31 PM
- Why Newspapers and Magazines Want to Be the Next TV Networks (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:05:02 PM
- Sundance Channel Developing Family Drama 'Reaching for Heaven' With Entertainment MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:58:16 PM
- Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in George Clooney-Produced 'Our Brand Is Crisis' (MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:48:06 PM
- 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Aims for $80M Box Office Debut, But It Won'
By Rebecca Silverstein
Pickle-eating, pouf-wearing Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi may be one of a kind, but her name isn't. When the "Jersey Shore" star tried to trademark her nickname so she could use it for books, the US Patent and Trademark Office denied her request for a trademark for "printed material," The Smoking Gun reports.
RELATED: Which star is from your state?
Why? Because of Snooky the cat! Not familiar? The feline in question is the subject of a trademarked 2003 children's book "Adventures of Snooky: Under the Sea" about a cat who gets thrown overboard during a family fishing trip, and there's a "likelihood of confusion" between the two in printed material. Fortunately, Snooki's application to trademark her name in "entertainment in the nature of personal appearance by a television personality" should go through without a hitch.
And should Snooki really want to publish her memoir, she's permitted to "respond to the refusal by submitting evidence and arguments in support of
registration" in rebuttal.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite