Sofia Vergara: My Publicist Told Me to Get a Breast Reduction
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.4 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal LifeMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:33:00 PM
- 'Heroes' Alum Greg Grunberg to Guest on 'CSI'MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:01:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Supernatural' Alum Amy Gumenick as Obsessive Fan MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:52:00 AM
- CeeLo Green Pleads No Contest in Ecstasy CaseMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:34:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Under Investigation by NYPD for Alleged Sexual AssaultMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal Life
It took a long time for Sofia Vergara to feel comfortable with her 34 DD cup size.
"When I moved to America, I was more voluptuous, and I felt a little different," the "Modern Family" star tells the December issue of Health, on sale Nov. 18. "My publicist [at the time] told me, 'I think you should just reduce your boobs because nobody's going to take you seriously here."
Vergara, 39, says her mother "almost had a heart attack" when she considered getting a breast reduction.
"She was like, 'God is going to punish you! You can't cut your boobs!'" Vergara recalls. "I don't regret not doing it, because now it's become a big part of [my character on 'Modern Family']."
Still, the Colombian actress admits her body insecurities began long before she relocated to Hollywood.
"Not everybody's confident their whole life. For a long time, I thought that my boobs were too big. I was, like, 14 years old, and I already had these huge boobs. I was very skinny also," she explains. "And now that I'm almost 40, we always have our insecurities as women. We're never happy!"
Vergara, who's been dating Florida businessman Nick Loeb for nearly two years, says she eventually came to appreciate her body.
"I'm a Latin woman: I'm voluptuous, I'm loud, I'm exactly what a Latin woman is," she tells Health. "I prefer to be called that than, 'You're boring; you have a flat ass!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite