Sofia Vergara: My Publicist Told Me to Get a Breast Reduction
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.4 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
It took a long time for Sofia Vergara to feel comfortable with her 34 DD cup size.
"When I moved to America, I was more voluptuous, and I felt a little different," the "Modern Family" star tells the December issue of Health, on sale Nov. 18. "My publicist [at the time] told me, 'I think you should just reduce your boobs because nobody's going to take you seriously here."
Vergara, 39, says her mother "almost had a heart attack" when she considered getting a breast reduction.
"She was like, 'God is going to punish you! You can't cut your boobs!'" Vergara recalls. "I don't regret not doing it, because now it's become a big part of [my character on 'Modern Family']."
Still, the Colombian actress admits her body insecurities began long before she relocated to Hollywood.
"Not everybody's confident their whole life. For a long time, I thought that my boobs were too big. I was, like, 14 years old, and I already had these huge boobs. I was very skinny also," she explains. "And now that I'm almost 40, we always have our insecurities as women. We're never happy!"
Vergara, who's been dating Florida businessman Nick Loeb for nearly two years, says she eventually came to appreciate her body.
"I'm a Latin woman: I'm voluptuous, I'm loud, I'm exactly what a Latin woman is," she tells Health. "I prefer to be called that than, 'You're boring; you have a flat ass!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite