Sofia Vergara: My Publicist Told Me to Get a Breast Reduction
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.4 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
It took a long time for Sofia Vergara to feel comfortable with her 34 DD cup size.
"When I moved to America, I was more voluptuous, and I felt a little different," the "Modern Family" star tells the December issue of Health, on sale Nov. 18. "My publicist [at the time] told me, 'I think you should just reduce your boobs because nobody's going to take you seriously here."
Vergara, 39, says her mother "almost had a heart attack" when she considered getting a breast reduction.
"She was like, 'God is going to punish you! You can't cut your boobs!'" Vergara recalls. "I don't regret not doing it, because now it's become a big part of [my character on 'Modern Family']."
Still, the Colombian actress admits her body insecurities began long before she relocated to Hollywood.
"Not everybody's confident their whole life. For a long time, I thought that my boobs were too big. I was, like, 14 years old, and I already had these huge boobs. I was very skinny also," she explains. "And now that I'm almost 40, we always have our insecurities as women. We're never happy!"
Vergara, who's been dating Florida businessman Nick Loeb for nearly two years, says she eventually came to appreciate her body.
"I'm a Latin woman: I'm voluptuous, I'm loud, I'm exactly what a Latin woman is," she tells Health. "I prefer to be called that than, 'You're boring; you have a flat ass!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite