Sofia Vergara: My Publicist Told Me to Get a Breast Reduction
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.4 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
It took a long time for Sofia Vergara to feel comfortable with her 34 DD cup size.
"When I moved to America, I was more voluptuous, and I felt a little different," the "Modern Family" star tells the December issue of Health, on sale Nov. 18. "My publicist [at the time] told me, 'I think you should just reduce your boobs because nobody's going to take you seriously here."
Vergara, 39, says her mother "almost had a heart attack" when she considered getting a breast reduction.
"She was like, 'God is going to punish you! You can't cut your boobs!'" Vergara recalls. "I don't regret not doing it, because now it's become a big part of [my character on 'Modern Family']."
Still, the Colombian actress admits her body insecurities began long before she relocated to Hollywood.
"Not everybody's confident their whole life. For a long time, I thought that my boobs were too big. I was, like, 14 years old, and I already had these huge boobs. I was very skinny also," she explains. "And now that I'm almost 40, we always have our insecurities as women. We're never happy!"
Vergara, who's been dating Florida businessman Nick Loeb for nearly two years, says she eventually came to appreciate her body.
"I'm a Latin woman: I'm voluptuous, I'm loud, I'm exactly what a Latin woman is," she tells Health. "I prefer to be called that than, 'You're boring; you have a flat ass!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTux by Armani
From Crowd Ignite