Sofia Vergara: My Publicist Told Me to Get a Breast Reduction
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.4 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com16 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
It took a long time for Sofia Vergara to feel comfortable with her 34 DD cup size.
"When I moved to America, I was more voluptuous, and I felt a little different," the "Modern Family" star tells the December issue of Health, on sale Nov. 18. "My publicist [at the time] told me, 'I think you should just reduce your boobs because nobody's going to take you seriously here."
Vergara, 39, says her mother "almost had a heart attack" when she considered getting a breast reduction.
"She was like, 'God is going to punish you! You can't cut your boobs!'" Vergara recalls. "I don't regret not doing it, because now it's become a big part of [my character on 'Modern Family']."
Still, the Colombian actress admits her body insecurities began long before she relocated to Hollywood.
"Not everybody's confident their whole life. For a long time, I thought that my boobs were too big. I was, like, 14 years old, and I already had these huge boobs. I was very skinny also," she explains. "And now that I'm almost 40, we always have our insecurities as women. We're never happy!"
Vergara, who's been dating Florida businessman Nick Loeb for nearly two years, says she eventually came to appreciate her body.
"I'm a Latin woman: I'm voluptuous, I'm loud, I'm exactly what a Latin woman is," she tells Health. "I prefer to be called that than, 'You're boring; you have a flat ass!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite