Sofia Vergara Says She Was Diagnosed With Cancer at 28
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 18
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: Splash News6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.8 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter9 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News11 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Charlie Luciano/StarTraks16 of 18
- Photo: @SofiaVergara/Twitter17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Kennedy Center Honors Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine, Carlos SantanaMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:13:20 AM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Alive and Relatively Well in 'Sherlock' Season 3 InteractiMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:11:08 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of Series
In an interview this week with ABC's "Nightline," "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara revealed that she was diagnosed with cancer at age 28.
In 2000, Vergara was told that she had thyroid cancer. Having already experienced her older brother's murder in Colombia and her younger brother's drug addiction, the cancer news was quite possibly the worst news she could hear.
When she found out, she immediately thought: "What are you talking about? You always think, 'death.' You don't -- that's all you think when they tell you that."
When she was diagnosed, she "never felt sick," which made it even more difficult. Sofia went through operations and treatments and said, "It's a nightmare, because you're feeling healthy."
She told Health.com that she went through radiation treatment to beat the cancer, pushing through it with the optimistic attitude she's become famous for. She always tells herself, "Let's keep going." And she has. Along the way, the Emmy-nominated beauty has been linked to several famous Hollywood hunks, including Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg and Enrique Iglesias, according to "Nightline."
Now she's stepping out of the Hollywood dating scene and is seeing Nick Loeb, a Florida businessman. As far as how serious it is, Sofia said, "I don't think anyone wants to see Gloria pregnant."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ET:
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite