Is Spencer Pratt Leaving "The Hills" to Combat Cyber Crime?
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: RD/Dziekan/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Twitter/.3 of 8
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures6 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
By Dana Flax
Reset your passwords, kids: Spencer Pratt is reportedly making it his duty to patrol the Internet for us.
Pratt told People.com he is currently studying software engineering with a focus on encryption at USC, and will leave his "Hills" duties behind in order to work for American Defense Enterprises in their cyber security division.
"In the last few months I have discovered a new passion and new purpose to my life," Pratt said.
"My new mission is this: To do my part in maintaining the technological superiority of the U.S. military and prevent emerging technologies from threatening our nation's security," he continued, name-dropping President Obama as the inspiration for his career change. "With this in mind, I have decided to take a break from my obligations to MTV's 'The Hills' and discontinue filming any more episodes for this current season.
"I am saddened to take this break from filming," Pratt said. "At this time, however I feel I would not be honoring my country or myself if I were to continue this endeavor when I have the opportunity and the ability to assist our nation against these prevalent threats."
RELATED: See more photos of Spencer
Despite this passionate plea, Usmagazine.com is blasting said report, claiming that Spencer was asked to leave "The Hills" for his difficult behavior on set.
"He is leaving The Hills for 6 weeks because he was asked to," an insider told Us, recalling an outburst Pratt had after one of the show's female producers asked him to do something to which he objected.
"The show agreed that Spencer would leave ... to do anger management training once a week at home," the insider continued. "If he completes it, he can return to the show."
Whatever the case, we're pretty sure wife Heidi Montag still plans to cause enough "Hills" drama for the both of them.
RELATED: Get more "Hills" and TV news on MSN
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite