Stacey Dash Tweets Photo With Paul Ryan, Blogs About Mitt Romney
- Photo: @realstaceydash/Twitter1 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: WENN5 of 7
- Photo: WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' MoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:07:32 AM
- Jon Stewart Bashes NSA and 'World of Warcraft' Gamers in Carly Rae Jepsen Song SpoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:55:51 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Star Oscar Isaac Performs Katy Perry's 'RoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:46:59 AM
- Disney CFO: 'Star Wars' Will Follow Marvel StrategyMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:35:58 AM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' Mo
Stacey Dash is sticking to her first amendment-protected opinion, thank you very much.
Weeks after announcing her support for the Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan ticket, the "Clueless" actress, 46, reaffirmed her endorsement of the pair by posting a photo of herself with the Republican nominee for vice president.
"Fighting the good fight. Godspeed," she tweeted alongside the snapshot, which showed her and Ryan standing in front of an American flag.
Dash, who has said she voted for Democratic President Barack Obama in 2008, also voiced her support for Romney and Ryan on her blog, where she wrote that the Republican presidential candidate had "proven his ability to lead, his ability to be excellent."
"I believe that Governor Mitt Romney believes in the American people. That we can be self evident, that we are capable of achieving the American dream. That there is enough for everyone," she said in the short post, titled "I Believe 2012."
"Governor Romney is the best choice to be our next President. He has achieved the American dream, he knows how to lead us, the American people, to realize our potential," she continued. "Yes, it is true, he is rich. So what better person to lead us to economic prosperity than someone who has attained it."
Dash's original endorsement of the pair on Oct. 7 was met with much appreciation from the Romney campaign -- Paul Ryan even tweeted his personal thanks to the star -- but others on Twitter were not as kind. One user called her "a poor beautiful idiot," while another told "the old hag" to "kill herself."
"I really don't understand the fury," Dash told Piers Morgan after the backlash. "I don't understand it. I don't get it. I was shocked, saddened -- not angry. Saddened and really shocked. But you know what, you can't expect everyone to agree with you."
Of her reasons for supporting Romney, she added, "I watched him, the Governor and his wife, on Meet the Press. They spoke to me. They seemed authentic and genuine."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite