Steven Tyler: 'Idol' Judge Jennifer Lopez Is 'Ridiculous' and 'Street'
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 6
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Are Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez set to be the next Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell of "American Idol"? Not so much.
Earlier this month at the Kennedy Center Honors, the Aerosmith frontman, 62, gushed to UsMagazine.com of his fellow judge, "First and foremost, she's a lady and she's not afraid to show that at any given time."
Added Tyler of the married mom of two, 41, "She's ridiculous. You know, she's exactly what I thought she'd be. She's street."
And while the rock legend told Us he finds Lopez's honesty with the contestants "incredible," he admits to having some struggles behind the judges' table.
"It's hard when you have a kid who's 15-years-old, who's been watching 'American Idol' for the last 10 years," he said of the contestants. "And some of them were awful. I just say something like, 'Did you bump your head on the way in?'"
Still, Tyler said he doesn't plan to follow in Simon Cowell's cantankerous footsteps. "I'm really not one for giving insults," he told Us. "They have a voice and I don't want them not singing to their kids when they grow up."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
From Crowd Ignite