Suleman's Home Fails to Sell; Foreclosure Next
- Photo: LMB/ZJE/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News2 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Higgins/Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: TTA Media/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: TTA Media/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News7 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News8 of 10
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
Sue Manning, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "Octomom" Nadya Suleman's California home was put up for auction Tuesday, but there were no bids so it's been returned to the bank for foreclosure.
RELATED: Craziest Celeb Lawsuits
Priority Posting and Publishing Inc. required an opening bid of $355,643, but no one bid on the four-bedroom, three-bath house in La Habra, Calif., about 25 miles east of Los Angeles. The auction previously was postponed four times.
It's unknown how long foreclosure might take.
Suleman is the mother of 14 children, including octuplets born in 2009.
Before moving into the house on Madonna Lane, Suleman and her first six children lived with her mother. But that small Whittier home was foreclosed on just as her octuplets were becoming healthy enough to leave the hospital. The previous owner of the Madonna Lane home said Tuesday he was happy to see Suleman and her family go because of the damage they did to his credit.
"They betrayed me big time," Amer Haddadin told The Associated Press. "They destroyed my credit. Shame on them."
RELATED: BING: Outrageous Celeb Lawsuits
Haddadin lived in the house for 11 years before selling it to Suleman's father, Ed Doud, about three years ago for $115,000 down and a $450,000 promissory note. Doud promised to pay $4,000 monthly, but a $450,000 balloon payment was due in March 2010.
Suleman did not qualify for a traditional bank loan, so her father came to her rescue. She held the deed to the house, but she paid Haddadin, who paid the mortgage company.
Haddadin said he and Doud went to the same church and as a Jordanian, he took pity on a fellow Arab in a tough spot and pledged to help Doud, who is Palestinian.
"In a way, I am very glad that she will be kicked out because she is irresponsible, for all the things she did. She doesn't deserve it, the house," he said.
"My credit is very valuable to me. I do business with my credit," Haddadin added. "Now I am strangled. I don't have anything to depend on."
There is no number listed for Doud or Suleman, and calls to an attorney who has represented Suleman were not immediately returned.
Suleman recently declared bankruptcy, listing assets of no more than $50,000 and debts of as much as $1 million. Records show she owes more than $475,000 on the house.
Haddadin said he was recently notified that Suleman's father had also declared bankruptcy.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite