Cat Deeley: First-Ever Emmy Nod Is 'Completely Overwhelming'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 3
- Photo: BT1/WENN2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
Emmy voters have finally hopped on the Hot Tamale Train!
Now in its eighth season, FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" earned its inaugural Emmy nominations Thursday for Outstanding Reality Competition Series and Outstanding Host for Cat Deeley.
"To be acknowledged by those who make some of the best television in the world is something I never would have dreamed was possible coming to America six years ago," British-born Deeley, 34, told Us Weekly shortly after Thursday's nominations were announced in Los Angeles.
Having hosted the dance competition series since season 2 in 2005, Deeley calls the honor of being included with longtime host nominees Jeff Probst ("Survivor"), Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol"), Phil Keoghan ("The Amazing Race") and Tom Bergeron ("Dancing With the Stars") "completely overwhelming." "It's a very exciting day!" enthuses Deeley.
Deeley isn't the only "SYTYCD" staffer rejoicing over Thursday's announcement. Fan favorite choreographers Travis Wall, Mia Michaels, Stacey Tookey, Napoleon and Tabitha Dumo ("NappyTabs") and Mandy Moore each earned nominations for their routines from the show's seventh season. ("Dancing With the Stars"' Mark Ballas finished out the Choreography category for his Jive routine seen on the show.)
"Season 7 was absolutely the best season yet," says "SYTYCD"'s Moore, who was also nominated for her work on the series in 2005. "'So You Think You Can Dance' has done so much to raise the profile of dancers and choreographers and it feels great to have the Academy recognize our 'family's' hard work."
The 2011 Emmy awards will be handed out September 18 on FOX.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite