Cat Deeley: First-Ever Emmy Nod Is 'Completely Overwhelming'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 3
- Photo: BT1/WENN2 of 3
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Emmy voters have finally hopped on the Hot Tamale Train!
Now in its eighth season, FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" earned its inaugural Emmy nominations Thursday for Outstanding Reality Competition Series and Outstanding Host for Cat Deeley.
"To be acknowledged by those who make some of the best television in the world is something I never would have dreamed was possible coming to America six years ago," British-born Deeley, 34, told Us Weekly shortly after Thursday's nominations were announced in Los Angeles.
Having hosted the dance competition series since season 2 in 2005, Deeley calls the honor of being included with longtime host nominees Jeff Probst ("Survivor"), Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol"), Phil Keoghan ("The Amazing Race") and Tom Bergeron ("Dancing With the Stars") "completely overwhelming." "It's a very exciting day!" enthuses Deeley.
Deeley isn't the only "SYTYCD" staffer rejoicing over Thursday's announcement. Fan favorite choreographers Travis Wall, Mia Michaels, Stacey Tookey, Napoleon and Tabitha Dumo ("NappyTabs") and Mandy Moore each earned nominations for their routines from the show's seventh season. ("Dancing With the Stars"' Mark Ballas finished out the Choreography category for his Jive routine seen on the show.)
"Season 7 was absolutely the best season yet," says "SYTYCD"'s Moore, who was also nominated for her work on the series in 2005. "'So You Think You Can Dance' has done so much to raise the profile of dancers and choreographers and it feels great to have the Academy recognize our 'family's' hard work."
The 2011 Emmy awards will be handed out September 18 on FOX.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBabies of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite