Cat Deeley: First-Ever Emmy Nod Is 'Completely Overwhelming'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 3
- Photo: BT1/WENN2 of 3
More Celeb News
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Reviews: Was This Sequel Worth the Wait or 9 Years MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Mel Raido to Star Opposite Kate Beckinsale in Thriller 'The Disappointments Room' MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:00:00 AM
- MPAA's R-Rating For Gay Drama 'Love is Strange' Draws More Accusations ofMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:51 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:51:52 AM
- BBC Greenlights Ghost Drama 'The Living and the Dead'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:39:00 AM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Reviews: Was This Sequel Worth the Wait or 9 Years
Emmy voters have finally hopped on the Hot Tamale Train!
Now in its eighth season, FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" earned its inaugural Emmy nominations Thursday for Outstanding Reality Competition Series and Outstanding Host for Cat Deeley.
"To be acknowledged by those who make some of the best television in the world is something I never would have dreamed was possible coming to America six years ago," British-born Deeley, 34, told Us Weekly shortly after Thursday's nominations were announced in Los Angeles.
Having hosted the dance competition series since season 2 in 2005, Deeley calls the honor of being included with longtime host nominees Jeff Probst ("Survivor"), Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol"), Phil Keoghan ("The Amazing Race") and Tom Bergeron ("Dancing With the Stars") "completely overwhelming." "It's a very exciting day!" enthuses Deeley.
Deeley isn't the only "SYTYCD" staffer rejoicing over Thursday's announcement. Fan favorite choreographers Travis Wall, Mia Michaels, Stacey Tookey, Napoleon and Tabitha Dumo ("NappyTabs") and Mandy Moore each earned nominations for their routines from the show's seventh season. ("Dancing With the Stars"' Mark Ballas finished out the Choreography category for his Jive routine seen on the show.)
"Season 7 was absolutely the best season yet," says "SYTYCD"'s Moore, who was also nominated for her work on the series in 2005. "'So You Think You Can Dance' has done so much to raise the profile of dancers and choreographers and it feels great to have the Academy recognize our 'family's' hard work."
The 2011 Emmy awards will be handed out September 18 on FOX.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite