Taylor Momsen, 16, Slammed for Smoking
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Jose Perez / Splash News/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Hypnotics/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: M.T./Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Nina Westervelt/Wonderwall6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Taylor Momsen, 16, was spotted huffing away on a cigarette on the New York City set of Gossip Girl Wednesday -- much to the chagrin of an anti-smoking activist.
"She really has an extra responsibility to bear as an actress idolized by little girls out there," Patrick Reynolds, the director of the Foundation for a Smoke-Free America, tells UsMagazine.com. "For her to be smoking sends the wrong message to kids. Evidence shows that stars do influence kids to smoke."
Not that Momsen thinks too much about what her young fans may think of her.When asked about being a role model, she told the UK Times, "To be honest, I don't f--king care. I didn't get into this to be a role model. So I'm sorry if I'm influencing your kids in a way that you don't like, but I can't be responsible for their actions. I don't care.
"Honestly, if I'd have ended up as Hannah Montana, I don't know if the show would have gone as well. I probably would have told them all to go f--k themselves by the time I hit 11. And I don't know how that would have gone down. It's great for Miley, but I really like where I am right now and I feel really fortunate to be able to really be myself," she added.
From Crowd Ignite