Taylor Swift Reacts to Kanye West's Outburst
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
By Dana Flax, with reporting by Kara Warner
If by now you haven't heard (and you should have, because everything Kanye West does is totally cutting edge and noteworthy), Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video at last night's Video Music Awards, announcing that Beyonce should have won in that category. Although goddess Beyonce later brought Taylor back onstage to finish her speech, we couldn't help but wonder what was going through her head while the whole thing went down. Wonderwall was backstage while Taylor spoke to the reporters about the incident; here's what she had to say.
Were you expecting Beyonce to bring you up onstage?
Taylor Swift: They told me to stand by the side of the stage and I didn't really know what was going to go down but I thought it was so wonderful and gracious of her to do what she's always done -- she's always been a great person before anything else. I just, I thought that I couldn't love Beyonce more and then tonight happened and it was just wonderful.
What was going through your mind when he came onstage and grabbed the mike?
TS: Well, I was standing onstage and I was really excited because I had just won the award and then I was really excited because Kanye West was on the stage and then I wasn't so excited anymore after that.
Any hard feelings toward Kanye?
TS: I don't know him, I've never met him.
Were you a fan before?
TS: Yeah. He's Kanye West. I don't know him and I don't want to start anything. I had a great night tonight.
Have you received a lot of support?
TS: I've been… so many text messages and everybody's been really supportive. I had a really fun night. It's been interesting definitely.
Well, it seems as though Miss Swift has taken to the discreet charm and grace of Beyonce before her. Now if only it'd rub off on Kanye.
More on Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite