Teresa Giudice Wants a 'Fresh Start' After Bankruptcy Auction
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.2 of 5
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News3 of 5
- Photo: Michelle Gray/Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- Internet giants weigh in on defamation lawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:35:20 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)
Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice admits it hasn't been easy filing for bankruptcy or listing the contents of her mansion for auction."It's not a fun or an easy process," bogs the Bravo reality star, 38. "If you've ever been unfortunate enough to be involved in a legal situation, you know it's a lot of back and forth between both sides. Right now, our bankruptcy trustee is trying to get an auction going, and our lawyer is objecting it. Every day, there are new tactics used, stories circulated, and details 'leaked' to the press, but it's all part of the legal wrangling. All I can do is rise above it, keep my head high, and know that at the end of the day, I have my family, my health, and I'm in God's hands. Nothing else matters, certainly not a lamp."
Giudice and her husband, Joe, filed for bankruptcy in October 2009 when faced with $11 million in debt from failed real estate ventures. Still, the last episode of the show showed him celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary by buying her a diamond and flying her around in a private helicopter."We worked so hard for so many years and it was heartbreaking to file, and not something we took lightly. Of course you can't sit in your bed and just cry all day, so we moved forward, got new jobs, and are working hard once again. The point is to get a fresh start so you can move forward," she blogs.Giudice also takes a stab at co-star Danielle Staub, who she implies spread a rumor about her demanding money to show up at a charity event.
"Completely false," she writes. "I've never heard of the shelter that's complaining about me, but they called the person who books me in clubs and he told them he doesn't do charity, and to contact me directly. It's very easy to get a hold of me at my website, and I do check every email. I can't help every single charity that asks of course, but I do as I many as I can. I have no idea why this charity would try and bash me in the press, unless they were looking for press, which they obviously got. I did notice that Danielle was in attendance at this particular event. Coincidence? Hmmm ...."
Giudice goes on to point out that she's "actively involved in Project Ladybug, but also [charities to benefit research for] pancreatic cancer, autism, AID FOR AIDS International, the Red Cross, and Clean the World. I'm giving up Labor Day weekend with my kids to appear in My Big Gay Italian Wedding for charity for four days in a row. And I'm so honored and happy to do it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite