Teresa Giudice's brother Joe Gorga, family 'will step up' if she goes to prison
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram4 of 8
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Dave Kotinsky/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Kennedy Center Honors Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine, Carlos SantanaMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:13:20 AM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Alive and Relatively Well in 'Sherlock' Season 3 InteractiMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:11:08 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of Series
Teresa Giudice's family will stay by her side as she faces up to 50 years in prison. The "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star and her husband, Joe Giudice, were indicted on 39 counts of fraud on July 29, and both were released on $500,000 bail each the next day. Former federal prosecutor John J. Carney tells Us Weekly that based on similar cases, 18 to 36 months of prison time is more probable than 50 years.
The Giudices were charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud. Any time behind bars will affect their four daughters: Gia, 12, Gabriella, 10, Milania, 7, and Audriana, 3. Fortunately, a source tells Us that family members are prepared to help them.
Teresa, 41, has a history of animosity with her brother, Joe Gorga, and her sister-in-law, Melissa, but the family is currently on good terms, as shown on recent episodes of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." "Of course the Gorgas will step up," the source tells Us, "as will [cousins] Rich and Kathy Wakile, especially since the kids are involved."
Other New Jerseyans -- who found out via Twitter and the media, according to a source -- have had mixed reactions. Frequent guest star Kim DePaola tell Us, "I don't think Teresa would ever willingly do any of this." But according to a friend of several "Housewives," other ladies believe the Giudices are simply reaping what they sowed: "This is karma."
While they await their next hearing on Aug. 14, the Bravo stars have been enjoying quality time with their girls on a beach vacation. Teresa posted adorable family photos of their trip on Aug. 4, including a picture of her and Joe posing with their arms around each other.
"The family is handling themselves with great dignity, but it's very traumatic," Teresa's attorney, Henry E. Klingeman, told Us. "And when you have four small girls, it's tough for everybody, including the girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite