Teresa Giudice's brother Joe Gorga, family 'will step up' if she goes to prison
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram4 of 8
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Dave Kotinsky/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Palme d'Or contenders at Cannes Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:26:16 AM
- uFly fires flight instructor who appeared on CNNMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:21:18 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard goes on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:07:25 AM
- Jones, Godard, Cronenberg in competition at CannesMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:23:14 AM
- Films by Tommy Lee Jones, Jean Luc Godard among 18 movies in running for top Cannes prizeMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:08:16 AM
- Palme d'Or contenders at Cannes Film Festival
Teresa Giudice's family will stay by her side as she faces up to 50 years in prison. The "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star and her husband, Joe Giudice, were indicted on 39 counts of fraud on July 29, and both were released on $500,000 bail each the next day. Former federal prosecutor John J. Carney tells Us Weekly that based on similar cases, 18 to 36 months of prison time is more probable than 50 years.
The Giudices were charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud. Any time behind bars will affect their four daughters: Gia, 12, Gabriella, 10, Milania, 7, and Audriana, 3. Fortunately, a source tells Us that family members are prepared to help them.
Teresa, 41, has a history of animosity with her brother, Joe Gorga, and her sister-in-law, Melissa, but the family is currently on good terms, as shown on recent episodes of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." "Of course the Gorgas will step up," the source tells Us, "as will [cousins] Rich and Kathy Wakile, especially since the kids are involved."
Other New Jerseyans -- who found out via Twitter and the media, according to a source -- have had mixed reactions. Frequent guest star Kim DePaola tell Us, "I don't think Teresa would ever willingly do any of this." But according to a friend of several "Housewives," other ladies believe the Giudices are simply reaping what they sowed: "This is karma."
While they await their next hearing on Aug. 14, the Bravo stars have been enjoying quality time with their girls on a beach vacation. Teresa posted adorable family photos of their trip on Aug. 4, including a picture of her and Joe posing with their arms around each other.
"The family is handling themselves with great dignity, but it's very traumatic," Teresa's attorney, Henry E. Klingeman, told Us. "And when you have four small girls, it's tough for everybody, including the girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite