Teresa Giudice's brother Joe Gorga, family 'will step up' if she goes to prison
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: @teresagiudice/Instagram4 of 8
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Dave Kotinsky/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Teresa Giudice's family will stay by her side as she faces up to 50 years in prison. The "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star and her husband, Joe Giudice, were indicted on 39 counts of fraud on July 29, and both were released on $500,000 bail each the next day. Former federal prosecutor John J. Carney tells Us Weekly that based on similar cases, 18 to 36 months of prison time is more probable than 50 years.
The Giudices were charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud. Any time behind bars will affect their four daughters: Gia, 12, Gabriella, 10, Milania, 7, and Audriana, 3. Fortunately, a source tells Us that family members are prepared to help them.
Teresa, 41, has a history of animosity with her brother, Joe Gorga, and her sister-in-law, Melissa, but the family is currently on good terms, as shown on recent episodes of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." "Of course the Gorgas will step up," the source tells Us, "as will [cousins] Rich and Kathy Wakile, especially since the kids are involved."
Other New Jerseyans -- who found out via Twitter and the media, according to a source -- have had mixed reactions. Frequent guest star Kim DePaola tell Us, "I don't think Teresa would ever willingly do any of this." But according to a friend of several "Housewives," other ladies believe the Giudices are simply reaping what they sowed: "This is karma."
While they await their next hearing on Aug. 14, the Bravo stars have been enjoying quality time with their girls on a beach vacation. Teresa posted adorable family photos of their trip on Aug. 4, including a picture of her and Joe posing with their arms around each other.
"The family is handling themselves with great dignity, but it's very traumatic," Teresa's attorney, Henry E. Klingeman, told Us. "And when you have four small girls, it's tough for everybody, including the girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite