'The Doctors' Co-Host Jillian Michaels Will Be a Mother 'Hopefully by End of Spring'Related: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: CBS Television Distribution/Stage 29 Productions/Promotional1 of 13
- Photo: CBS Television Distribution/Stage 29 Productions/Promotional2 of 13
- Photo: CBS Television Distribution/Stage 29 Productions/Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: DC5/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: DC5/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Jay Valena/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Jay Valena/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Stewart Shining/SELF12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:24:15 PM
- Why 'The Great Gatsby' Reveals A Huge Divide Between Hollywood And Its Fans (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:15:45 PM
- Oscar Winner Ari Sandel to Direct 'The DUFF' for CBS Films (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:55:03 PM
- Justin Bieber Spanked Over Monkey Lodging FeesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:32:00 PM
- '21 Jump Street' Villain Rob Riggle Joins Fox Comedy 'Let's Be CMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:20:36 PM
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
Jillian Michaels' schedule is jam-packed these days with her new role as co-host and health and wellness expert on "The Doctors." But, if everything goes her way, then she'll be even busier next spring, when her adoption papers are finalized.
"That is in the works," she told Wonderwall about her adoption plans. "Anything can happen, but it seems as though hopefully by end of spring [or the] beginning of summer next year, I will be able to call myself a parent. Anything can happen, but there is progress, thank goodness."
The former trainer on "The Biggest Loser" told Women's Health magazine in April 2010 that she had plans to adopt, but as she's learned, she has to be patient.
"The process is grueling, but appropriately so," she said. "You would want somebody to go over you with a fine-toothed comb and a magnifying glass, and let me tell you, they do. I've had people in my homes going through my things, medical evaluations and background checks. I've been fingerprinted by the FBI. I've had psychiatric evaluations. My dogs have had to get psychiatric evaluations. It's a very intense process, but well worth it. I'm just staying the course with it and practicing my patience."
While reports have said that Michaels intends to adopt a child from Africa, she told Wonderwall that no doors are closed as of yet.
"I'm pursuing several different options right now," she said. "Because it is so complicated, I have my feelers out internationally and domestically."
In the meantime, Michaels, who began her first season on "The Doctors" on Sept. 12, is focusing on work. She said she is already very comfortable on the show, but the daytime TV schedule is quite different from what she was used to on "The Biggest Loser."
"The biggest difference is that in reality, you are shooting between seven and 10 days to make one to two hours of TV," she said. "In daytime you are shooting for about an hour to make about an hour of TV, so you really have to bring your A game. There's no time to screw up. It's a very different animal, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and I feel very at home in this type of work."
There were no first-day jitters for Michaels, who will be featured every Thursday for the next month in a reality series within the show where she demonstrates her signature brand of tough love and empowers three couples to beat addiction. But now that things are rolling, she admits she has more time to get inside her own head before a big show.
"I was stupid so I didn't realize how different it was," she said. "Until I started doing it, I didn't know to be nervous. Now, I do get a little amped up before each show, but I think that's good because it keeps you sharp and on your toes."
On set, Michaels is already meshing with the cast, saying that she's really bonded with Dr. Lisa Masterson.
"I really have started to build a sisterhood vibe with Lisa," she said. "She looks out for me now. If I have a point to make and the boys are pushing me around, Lisa is like, 'Boys, shut up!' She kind of has my back now."
The highlight for Michaels is being able to expand beyond the topic of obesity, the main focus on "The Biggest Loser," and tackle all types of health issues. One issue in particular really hits home.
"I'm sort of a budding parent right now," she said." And all the parenting segments are shocking and eye-opening and informative."
But no matter what the topic of the day is, it's all as personal to her, because as Michaels says, "Your health is personal."
"The Doctors" continues Thursday with the second part of "Wake-Up Call With Jillian Michaels." Check your local listings for time and station.
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite