The Duggars are considering adoption
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.1 of 12
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.3 of 12
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: TLC/FOX6 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 12
- Photo: www.ja20.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: TLC/.9 of 12
- Photo: Scott Enlow/TLC/.10 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'EMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Female Yahoo! Exec Being Sued by Female Subordinate for Sexual HarassmentMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Cory Monteith's Father Looks Back on Anniversary of His Son's DeathMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Internet Cancellation Hoax Outrages FansMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:54:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian jump into reality TVMSNEntertainment 7/12/2014 2:50:32 PM
- Hulu Inks Exclusive Deal to Stream Entire 'South Park' Library, Renews 'E
Though they have 19 children and two grandchildren, looks like Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are still open to adding to their family -- even if it means adopting.
"We are open to the idea of adoption," Michelle, 45, tells People. "We are praying about it, and we will see what God has in store. Love for children has been placed on our hearts."
The couple, who was moved by a recent visit to an orphanage in China, says it's actually their own children pushing them to have more kids.
"The kids are definitely pushing towards wanting us to open our home up to another child or more," Michelle says. "They see how much we have been blessed with and how little so many children have and they want to share. We tell our children that would have to be something that is God's will for our family, and we will see if it is. Our children love children, and we all do."
Though there are no immediate plans for adoption, Michelle stresses that they are definitely "open" to it.
"We are open to whatever is in store. It doesn't really matter whether I would have another child or we would adopt, but we want to approach it with an open heart," she says. "We have friends that have adopted children who are a great influence in our lives, and we have talked about their experiences. So it's something we've considered. We have to know for sure that is what God wants for us to do."
The Duggars' eldest son Josh, 25, and his wife, Anna, 24, recently announced that they are expecting their third child in June.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite