The Duggars are considering adoption
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.1 of 12
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.3 of 12
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: TLC/FOX6 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 12
- Photo: www.ja20.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: TLC/.9 of 12
- Photo: Scott Enlow/TLC/.10 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Though they have 19 children and two grandchildren, looks like Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are still open to adding to their family -- even if it means adopting.
"We are open to the idea of adoption," Michelle, 45, tells People. "We are praying about it, and we will see what God has in store. Love for children has been placed on our hearts."
The couple, who was moved by a recent visit to an orphanage in China, says it's actually their own children pushing them to have more kids.
"The kids are definitely pushing towards wanting us to open our home up to another child or more," Michelle says. "They see how much we have been blessed with and how little so many children have and they want to share. We tell our children that would have to be something that is God's will for our family, and we will see if it is. Our children love children, and we all do."
Though there are no immediate plans for adoption, Michelle stresses that they are definitely "open" to it.
"We are open to whatever is in store. It doesn't really matter whether I would have another child or we would adopt, but we want to approach it with an open heart," she says. "We have friends that have adopted children who are a great influence in our lives, and we have talked about their experiences. So it's something we've considered. We have to know for sure that is what God wants for us to do."
The Duggars' eldest son Josh, 25, and his wife, Anna, 24, recently announced that they are expecting their third child in June.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite