The Duggars are considering adoption
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.1 of 12
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.3 of 12
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: TLC/FOX6 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Promotional7 of 12
- Photo: www.ja20.com/.8 of 12
- Photo: TLC/.9 of 12
- Photo: Scott Enlow/TLC/.10 of 12
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Reverses Course, Allows Viral Lego "Everything Is Awesome" Parody ProMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Pivot Greenlights 'Please Like Me' Season 3; 'Freestyle Love Supreme&MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 12:11:00 PM
- 'Harry Potter' Star Dave Legeno Found Dead at 50MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 12:02:00 PM
- Harry Potter Actor Dave Legeno Dies at 50MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:58:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Tracking for $60 Million OpeningMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Warner Bros. Reverses Course, Allows Viral Lego "Everything Is Awesome" Parody Pro
Though they have 19 children and two grandchildren, looks like Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are still open to adding to their family -- even if it means adopting.
"We are open to the idea of adoption," Michelle, 45, tells People. "We are praying about it, and we will see what God has in store. Love for children has been placed on our hearts."
The couple, who was moved by a recent visit to an orphanage in China, says it's actually their own children pushing them to have more kids.
"The kids are definitely pushing towards wanting us to open our home up to another child or more," Michelle says. "They see how much we have been blessed with and how little so many children have and they want to share. We tell our children that would have to be something that is God's will for our family, and we will see if it is. Our children love children, and we all do."
Though there are no immediate plans for adoption, Michelle stresses that they are definitely "open" to it.
"We are open to whatever is in store. It doesn't really matter whether I would have another child or we would adopt, but we want to approach it with an open heart," she says. "We have friends that have adopted children who are a great influence in our lives, and we have talked about their experiences. So it's something we've considered. We have to know for sure that is what God wants for us to do."
The Duggars' eldest son Josh, 25, and his wife, Anna, 24, recently announced that they are expecting their third child in June.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite