The Hoff lends star power to Berlin Wall campaign
- Photo: Markus Schreiber/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Justin Lloyd/Newspix/Rex USA3 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: DYD FOTOGRAFOS/StarTraks5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
BERLIN (AP) — David Hasselhoff has put his name behind a campaign to preserve one of the few remaining sections of the Berlin Wall.
And in Germany, The Hoff's name carries weight.
The American actor best known for starring in "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch" is fondly remembered by many Germans for releasing a schmaltzy song called "Looking for Freedom" shortly before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Hasselhoff said Sunday that a real estate developer's plans to move part of the wall was "like tearing down an Indian burial ground" because of the great historical importance it had.
Berliners have rallied against the plan they say is part of a wider trend of steamrolling Berlin's tumultuous history to make way for gleaming developments in the now unified capital.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite