The Hoff lends star power to Berlin Wall campaign
- Photo: Markus Schreiber/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Justin Lloyd/Newspix/Rex USA3 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: DYD FOTOGRAFOS/StarTraks5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
BERLIN (AP) — David Hasselhoff has put his name behind a campaign to preserve one of the few remaining sections of the Berlin Wall.
And in Germany, The Hoff's name carries weight.
The American actor best known for starring in "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch" is fondly remembered by many Germans for releasing a schmaltzy song called "Looking for Freedom" shortly before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Hasselhoff said Sunday that a real estate developer's plans to move part of the wall was "like tearing down an Indian burial ground" because of the great historical importance it had.
Berliners have rallied against the plan they say is part of a wider trend of steamrolling Berlin's tumultuous history to make way for gleaming developments in the now unified capital.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite