The Hoff lends star power to Berlin Wall campaign
- Photo: Markus Schreiber/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Justin Lloyd/Newspix/Rex USA3 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: DYD FOTOGRAFOS/StarTraks5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
BERLIN (AP) — David Hasselhoff has put his name behind a campaign to preserve one of the few remaining sections of the Berlin Wall.
And in Germany, The Hoff's name carries weight.
The American actor best known for starring in "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch" is fondly remembered by many Germans for releasing a schmaltzy song called "Looking for Freedom" shortly before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Hasselhoff said Sunday that a real estate developer's plans to move part of the wall was "like tearing down an Indian burial ground" because of the great historical importance it had.
Berliners have rallied against the plan they say is part of a wider trend of steamrolling Berlin's tumultuous history to make way for gleaming developments in the now unified capital.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite