The Hoff lends star power to Berlin Wall campaign
- Photo: Markus Schreiber/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Justin Lloyd/Newspix/Rex USA3 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: DYD FOTOGRAFOS/StarTraks5 of 6
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
BERLIN (AP) — David Hasselhoff has put his name behind a campaign to preserve one of the few remaining sections of the Berlin Wall.
And in Germany, The Hoff's name carries weight.
The American actor best known for starring in "Knight Rider" and "Baywatch" is fondly remembered by many Germans for releasing a schmaltzy song called "Looking for Freedom" shortly before the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Hasselhoff said Sunday that a real estate developer's plans to move part of the wall was "like tearing down an Indian burial ground" because of the great historical importance it had.
Berliners have rallied against the plan they say is part of a wider trend of steamrolling Berlin's tumultuous history to make way for gleaming developments in the now unified capital.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Day at the Races
Kendra Wilkinson spends a day at the races with her boys on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite