'The Office' Star Ellie Kemper Is Engaged
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Ellie Kemper's not a bridesmaid anymore.
The "Office" star, who made a splash in last spring's "Bridesmaids," announced her engagement to Michael Koman during an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday.
"The guy you got engaged to is a very talented writer who worked for me for many, many, many years," host Conan O'Brien, 48, said.
"My family likes him a lot. They've met him many times," Kemper, 31, said. "My parents are very warm, welcoming people to begin with, but also, Michael's a delight."
According to Kemper, getting her parents' approval was easy in comparison to her grandfather, a World War II veteran.
"We were at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my grandpa's this very tough guy. He started grilling Michael: 'What is your family like? What are your job aspirations? What are your goals in life?' And I think Michael kind of started to squirm."
"So we finished dinner and we went to the kitchen to have dessert. There was a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie out, and my grandpa said, 'Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?' And I said, 'I don't know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I'll have pecan.' He said, 'Are you sure, Ellie, because it's OK to keep your options open. You don't have to settle on a pie right now.'"
"He was like, 'Who knows what other pies might present themselves? Maybe your mom has a blueberry crumble in the back. Maybe Mrs. Burke will stop by with an apple crisp,'" Kemper recalled. "I looked at over at Michael, who's stricken, because obviously, he thinks he's talking about Michael."
Since then, Kemper's grandfather has warmed up to Koman. "Having said that, my grandpa does like pie," Kemper laughed. "It is possible he just wanted to talk about pie!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
We look back at the Kardashian clan's Greek yachting trip on April 27.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite