'The Office' Star Ellie Kemper Is Engaged
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Ellie Kemper's not a bridesmaid anymore.
The "Office" star, who made a splash in last spring's "Bridesmaids," announced her engagement to Michael Koman during an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday.
"The guy you got engaged to is a very talented writer who worked for me for many, many, many years," host Conan O'Brien, 48, said.
"My family likes him a lot. They've met him many times," Kemper, 31, said. "My parents are very warm, welcoming people to begin with, but also, Michael's a delight."
According to Kemper, getting her parents' approval was easy in comparison to her grandfather, a World War II veteran.
"We were at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my grandpa's this very tough guy. He started grilling Michael: 'What is your family like? What are your job aspirations? What are your goals in life?' And I think Michael kind of started to squirm."
"So we finished dinner and we went to the kitchen to have dessert. There was a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie out, and my grandpa said, 'Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?' And I said, 'I don't know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I'll have pecan.' He said, 'Are you sure, Ellie, because it's OK to keep your options open. You don't have to settle on a pie right now.'"
"He was like, 'Who knows what other pies might present themselves? Maybe your mom has a blueberry crumble in the back. Maybe Mrs. Burke will stop by with an apple crisp,'" Kemper recalled. "I looked at over at Michael, who's stricken, because obviously, he thinks he's talking about Michael."
Since then, Kemper's grandfather has warmed up to Koman. "Having said that, my grandpa does like pie," Kemper laughed. "It is possible he just wanted to talk about pie!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite