'The Office' Star Ellie Kemper Is Engaged
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Ellie Kemper's not a bridesmaid anymore.
The "Office" star, who made a splash in last spring's "Bridesmaids," announced her engagement to Michael Koman during an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday.
"The guy you got engaged to is a very talented writer who worked for me for many, many, many years," host Conan O'Brien, 48, said.
"My family likes him a lot. They've met him many times," Kemper, 31, said. "My parents are very warm, welcoming people to begin with, but also, Michael's a delight."
According to Kemper, getting her parents' approval was easy in comparison to her grandfather, a World War II veteran.
"We were at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my grandpa's this very tough guy. He started grilling Michael: 'What is your family like? What are your job aspirations? What are your goals in life?' And I think Michael kind of started to squirm."
"So we finished dinner and we went to the kitchen to have dessert. There was a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie out, and my grandpa said, 'Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?' And I said, 'I don't know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I'll have pecan.' He said, 'Are you sure, Ellie, because it's OK to keep your options open. You don't have to settle on a pie right now.'"
"He was like, 'Who knows what other pies might present themselves? Maybe your mom has a blueberry crumble in the back. Maybe Mrs. Burke will stop by with an apple crisp,'" Kemper recalled. "I looked at over at Michael, who's stricken, because obviously, he thinks he's talking about Michael."
Since then, Kemper's grandfather has warmed up to Koman. "Having said that, my grandpa does like pie," Kemper laughed. "It is possible he just wanted to talk about pie!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite