'The Office' Star Ellie Kemper Is Engaged
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:53:06 AM
- Time Warner Cable Customers Face Blackouts in 14 Markets Over Retrans DisputeMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:02:09 AM
- Top stars square off for summer tour dollarsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:56 AM
- Scott Thorson: How Liberace Protected His 'Big Secret' in the Homophobic &aposMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:37 AM
- Banned Iranian director Rasoulof coming to CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:26:05 AM
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87
Ellie Kemper's not a bridesmaid anymore.
The "Office" star, who made a splash in last spring's "Bridesmaids," announced her engagement to Michael Koman during an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday.
"The guy you got engaged to is a very talented writer who worked for me for many, many, many years," host Conan O'Brien, 48, said.
"My family likes him a lot. They've met him many times," Kemper, 31, said. "My parents are very warm, welcoming people to begin with, but also, Michael's a delight."
According to Kemper, getting her parents' approval was easy in comparison to her grandfather, a World War II veteran.
"We were at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my grandpa's this very tough guy. He started grilling Michael: 'What is your family like? What are your job aspirations? What are your goals in life?' And I think Michael kind of started to squirm."
"So we finished dinner and we went to the kitchen to have dessert. There was a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie out, and my grandpa said, 'Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?' And I said, 'I don't know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I'll have pecan.' He said, 'Are you sure, Ellie, because it's OK to keep your options open. You don't have to settle on a pie right now.'"
"He was like, 'Who knows what other pies might present themselves? Maybe your mom has a blueberry crumble in the back. Maybe Mrs. Burke will stop by with an apple crisp,'" Kemper recalled. "I looked at over at Michael, who's stricken, because obviously, he thinks he's talking about Michael."
Since then, Kemper's grandfather has warmed up to Koman. "Having said that, my grandpa does like pie," Kemper laughed. "It is possible he just wanted to talk about pie!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite