'The Office' Star Ellie Kemper Is Engaged
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Ellie Kemper's not a bridesmaid anymore.
The "Office" star, who made a splash in last spring's "Bridesmaids," announced her engagement to Michael Koman during an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday.
"The guy you got engaged to is a very talented writer who worked for me for many, many, many years," host Conan O'Brien, 48, said.
"My family likes him a lot. They've met him many times," Kemper, 31, said. "My parents are very warm, welcoming people to begin with, but also, Michael's a delight."
According to Kemper, getting her parents' approval was easy in comparison to her grandfather, a World War II veteran.
"We were at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my grandpa's this very tough guy. He started grilling Michael: 'What is your family like? What are your job aspirations? What are your goals in life?' And I think Michael kind of started to squirm."
"So we finished dinner and we went to the kitchen to have dessert. There was a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie out, and my grandpa said, 'Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?' And I said, 'I don't know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I'll have pecan.' He said, 'Are you sure, Ellie, because it's OK to keep your options open. You don't have to settle on a pie right now.'"
"He was like, 'Who knows what other pies might present themselves? Maybe your mom has a blueberry crumble in the back. Maybe Mrs. Burke will stop by with an apple crisp,'" Kemper recalled. "I looked at over at Michael, who's stricken, because obviously, he thinks he's talking about Michael."
Since then, Kemper's grandfather has warmed up to Koman. "Having said that, my grandpa does like pie," Kemper laughed. "It is possible he just wanted to talk about pie!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite