- Photo: Mejia/Asadorian/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Gilbert Carrasquillo/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Here's the situation: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino can't trademark "The Situation."
The super-buff "Jersey Shore" star, 29, recently filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark his famous nickname (a reference to his six-pack abs) in order to market a "The Situation" clothing line.
Sadly, website The Smoking Gun has unearthed documents that confirm the USPTO rejected Sorrentino's application.
Pointing to a similar "Situation" trademark already granted a Memphis clothing retailer, a government attorney said the arguments of Sorrentino's lawyer were "unpersuasive."
Sorrentino's legal team unsuccessfully claimed that "the presence of the article 'The' is a key component of the mark, as it refers specifically to Mr. Sorrentino, and is reflective of how the term is used when applied to Mr. Sorrentino."
Back in June, Sorrentino announced he had partnered with retailer Dilligaf by Bohica Bill to create a line of "couture" clothing.
"Mike 'The Situation' embodies our irreverent approach to life," president Jodi Massry told UsMagazine.com in a statement. "He lives the 'Let's not take things so seriously' mentality every day." Dilligaf, which stands for "Do I Look Like I Give a F---," chose the MTV personality because "his style is unparalleled."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite