- Photo: Mejia/Asadorian/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Gilbert Carrasquillo/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video LawsuitMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:58:31 PM
- Can 'House of Cards' Stage a Bar-B-Coup at the Emmys?MSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:40:52 PM
- Warner Music Group Intern Wants Money for All That Coffee BrewingMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:34:54 PM
- Universal Extends Licensing President Stephanie Sperber Through 2016MSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:32:02 PM
- 'Prometheus 2' Moving Forward With 'Transcendence' Writer Jack PMSNEntertainment 6/17/2013 4:21:29 PM
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit
Here's the situation: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino can't trademark "The Situation."
The super-buff "Jersey Shore" star, 29, recently filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark his famous nickname (a reference to his six-pack abs) in order to market a "The Situation" clothing line.
Sadly, website The Smoking Gun has unearthed documents that confirm the USPTO rejected Sorrentino's application.
Pointing to a similar "Situation" trademark already granted a Memphis clothing retailer, a government attorney said the arguments of Sorrentino's lawyer were "unpersuasive."
Sorrentino's legal team unsuccessfully claimed that "the presence of the article 'The' is a key component of the mark, as it refers specifically to Mr. Sorrentino, and is reflective of how the term is used when applied to Mr. Sorrentino."
Back in June, Sorrentino announced he had partnered with retailer Dilligaf by Bohica Bill to create a line of "couture" clothing.
"Mike 'The Situation' embodies our irreverent approach to life," president Jodi Massry told UsMagazine.com in a statement. "He lives the 'Let's not take things so seriously' mentality every day." Dilligaf, which stands for "Do I Look Like I Give a F---," chose the MTV personality because "his style is unparalleled."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite