The Situation: Rehab Felt Impossible at First
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 13
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin7 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 13
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 13
- Photo: DJDM/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
The Situation has a brand-new situation on his hands: sobriety.
In his first sit-down interview since completing an in-patient treatment program for a prescription medication addiction, the "Jersey Shore" star, whose real name is Mike Sorrentino, tells MTV News that re-entry has been a struggle.
"Ever since I've been out, I'm not gonna lie ... it's not easy," Sorrentino, 29, admits. "But at the same time, where I'm at right now, I'm at a good place. But it took a little bit to get there. In the beginning? A lot of rainy days, so to speak. A lot of rainy days."
The hard-partying star announced on March 21 that he had "voluntarily taken steps" to treat his addiction, and checked into the famed Cirque Lodge in Utah. He announced April 5 that he had completed the program and was "stronger than ever."
"Your first day is detox," he told MTV. "It's not a pleasurable experience at all."
His biggest challenge in those first days: "I'd wake up and just be extremely disappointed with myself," he said. "Like, 'I can't believe I got here. How did I get here?'"
"I'm not gonna lie, it feels like you're not gonna recover," he said of the first attempts to get sober. "It feels like an impossible deed ... [but] day-by-day it gets better."
And although Sorrentino admittedly became estranged from his "Jersey Shore" housemates, including first-time mom-to-be Snooki, he says he longs to mend fences.
"She had my back and I had her back too," he said Snooki. "We were close for a long time. ... I am going to say that I am upset that we're not as close as we are today. I care about the girl, for sure."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite