- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 13
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin7 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 13
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 13
- Photo: DJDM/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
The Situation has a brand-new situation on his hands: sobriety.
In his first sit-down interview since completing an in-patient treatment program for a prescription medication addiction, the "Jersey Shore" star, whose real name is Mike Sorrentino, tells MTV News that re-entry has been a struggle.
"Ever since I've been out, I'm not gonna lie ... it's not easy," Sorrentino, 29, admits. "But at the same time, where I'm at right now, I'm at a good place. But it took a little bit to get there. In the beginning? A lot of rainy days, so to speak. A lot of rainy days."
The hard-partying star announced on March 21 that he had "voluntarily taken steps" to treat his addiction, and checked into the famed Cirque Lodge in Utah. He announced April 5 that he had completed the program and was "stronger than ever."
"Your first day is detox," he told MTV. "It's not a pleasurable experience at all."
His biggest challenge in those first days: "I'd wake up and just be extremely disappointed with myself," he said. "Like, 'I can't believe I got here. How did I get here?'"
"I'm not gonna lie, it feels like you're not gonna recover," he said of the first attempts to get sober. "It feels like an impossible deed ... [but] day-by-day it gets better."
And although Sorrentino admittedly became estranged from his "Jersey Shore" housemates, including first-time mom-to-be Snooki, he says he longs to mend fences.
"She had my back and I had her back too," he said Snooki. "We were close for a long time. ... I am going to say that I am upset that we're not as close as we are today. I care about the girl, for sure."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite