- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 13
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin7 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 13
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 13
- Photo: DJDM/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:24:15 PM
- Why 'The Great Gatsby' Reveals A Huge Divide Between Hollywood And Its Fans (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:15:45 PM
- Oscar Winner Ari Sandel to Direct 'The DUFF' for CBS Films (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:55:03 PM
- Justin Bieber Spanked Over Monkey Lodging FeesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:32:00 PM
- '21 Jump Street' Villain Rob Riggle Joins Fox Comedy 'Let's Be CMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:20:36 PM
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
The Situation has a brand-new situation on his hands: sobriety.
In his first sit-down interview since completing an in-patient treatment program for a prescription medication addiction, the "Jersey Shore" star, whose real name is Mike Sorrentino, tells MTV News that re-entry has been a struggle.
"Ever since I've been out, I'm not gonna lie ... it's not easy," Sorrentino, 29, admits. "But at the same time, where I'm at right now, I'm at a good place. But it took a little bit to get there. In the beginning? A lot of rainy days, so to speak. A lot of rainy days."
The hard-partying star announced on March 21 that he had "voluntarily taken steps" to treat his addiction, and checked into the famed Cirque Lodge in Utah. He announced April 5 that he had completed the program and was "stronger than ever."
"Your first day is detox," he told MTV. "It's not a pleasurable experience at all."
His biggest challenge in those first days: "I'd wake up and just be extremely disappointed with myself," he said. "Like, 'I can't believe I got here. How did I get here?'"
"I'm not gonna lie, it feels like you're not gonna recover," he said of the first attempts to get sober. "It feels like an impossible deed ... [but] day-by-day it gets better."
And although Sorrentino admittedly became estranged from his "Jersey Shore" housemates, including first-time mom-to-be Snooki, he says he longs to mend fences.
"She had my back and I had her back too," he said Snooki. "We were close for a long time. ... I am going to say that I am upset that we're not as close as we are today. I care about the girl, for sure."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite