Ticked-Off Paris Hilton Ready to Battle Kardashians for Attention, Relevance?Related: Hot Gossip, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian
- Photo: VPC/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Timothy Jackson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: MJA/MPT/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP5 of 7
- Photo: RD / Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
Has the fickle finger of fame bad-touched Paris Hilton? Word is, the once ubiquitous blonde is most displeased that opportunity has come a-knocking for the Kardashian sisters, and she has hatched a plan to swing the spotlight back in her direction.
The New York Post claims Paris is "declaring war" on her former pals because she's fed up that they're landing the headlines (Kourtney's weekend baby shower was a "huge success," in case you were worried) and big-bucks endorsement deals (Kim and Khloe masterfully work the phrase, "QuickTrim really helped me lose weight," into every conversation).
RELATED: See more pics of Paris Hilton
Her strategy to reclaim her relevance: Burnish the Paris brand with a new hair and beauty collection (please, we're asking nicely -- no more headband-attached polyester locks) and a less ostentatious lifestyle, which might mean garaging her Barbie-pink Bentley.
"Paris is furious that Kim got her start by hanging out in Hollywood with her, and now, the Kardashians have it all -- the reality shows, the magazine covers, the big appearance fees and promotional deals," explains a snitch. "She used to command $100,000 for club appearances, but now Kim is the hottest girl, and they aren't friends anymore."
RELATED: See more pics of Kim Kardashian
The women, who both clawed their way to success through hard work, pluck and good old-fashioned leaked sex tapes, have known each other since they were kids, but the relationship hit a sour note in April 2008 when Hilton took a potshot at Kardashian's shapely posterior.
"I would not want [Kim's butt] -- it's gross!" she sneered during a radio interview. "It reminds me of cottage cheese inside a big trash bag."
But now the landscape has shifted, much like Kim's rear end in motion, and Paris is trying to adapt, much like a mutating virus.
"The magazines are bidding around $300,000 for Kourtney's baby shower and baby pictures. And Khloe's wedding [to Lamar Odom] brought in record ratings for E! Paris has realized that standing for excess in a recession doesn't appeal," continues the insider. "The Kardashian girls seem more real, and girls identify with them more. She's got to ditch the pink Bentley and concentrate on developing herself."
Like fulfilling that promise she made when she got out of prison in 2007 to help those less fortunate? Or renouncing her club-hopping lifestyle to settle down with Paris Latsis Benji Madden Doug Reinhardt?
Looks like it'll be the latter. The Post says she plans to highlight her "stable relationship" with Reinhardt (save for the occasional phone-flinging public blow-up) and hint at marriage and the pitter-patter of little feet while promoting her new venture.
"Paris has 15 product lines on sale. She isn't really a party girl anymore, she is quite settled with Doug," insists the spy. "She wants more people to appreciate that she's grown up."
One way to do that (and we realize this is an out-of-left-field suggestion): Act like a grown-up once in a while.
People magazine says Hilton was "dancing all over" Doug during a recent night out at Los Angeles hot spot Voyeur.
She was spied with her beau in a booth, "swinging around, drink in hand." Reinhardt, however, appeared bored with her antics and opted to people-watch instead.
But he eventually caved to her advances and they started tangling tongues, which was followed by more dancing, some whispering and a bit of post-makeout texting.
Read more Hot Gossip
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite