Tila Tequila makes citizen's arrest against football player Shawne Merriman
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Dave Martin/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News3 of 8
- Photo: RD/Leon/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News6 of 8
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Arrow Postmortem: Who Paid the Ultimate Price for Oliver's Sins? MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:00:00 PM
- Netflix Orders a Spanish-Language Soccer, Er, Futbol ComedyMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 5:44:00 PM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real deal
By Melissa Hunter
Combine an outlandish reality star with a football superstar, and it's bound to be toxic. So it was no surprise that Tila Tequila made a citizen's arrest on football player Shawne Merriman this weekend. She claimed that the football player choked and restrained her when she attempted to leave his home Sunday morning.
Tequila was taken to a hospital, though had no visible injuries, and allegedly signed a citizen's arrest form against Merriman. He was taken into custody on suspicion of battery and false imprisonment, but was released on bail. On Monday, Merriman denied the charges and said that he was tring to assist Tequila, who he said was intoxicated, to make sure she didn't hurt herself.
Merriman's statement read, "I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in, and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided. We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called, and she was examined, but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California."
While Merriman made official statements, Tequila turned to Twitter to give her side of the story. She Tweeted that she was not intoxicated and explained, "I am allergic to alcohol. It has been publicly known for years. That is how I got the name Tila 'Tequila' cuz the irony. I can't drink."
Huh, never knew that. Her irony is at a different level, guys. We just don't get her. Contrary to her Tweet, Associated Press reported that several of the employees at the club where Merriman and Tequila partied Saturday night claimed that she drank several shots of tequila and sipped from a bottle of vodka, claiming she was visibly intoxicated.
Tequila also posted a message (which has since been deleted) alluding to Merriman using steroids and linking to an article on the effect of steroids on aggressive behavior.
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
Can't we all just abuse our respective substances and get along? Sheesh.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite