Tila Tequila Opens Up About Rehab, Brain Aneurysm
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG2 of 16
- Photo: AP/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: Funny or Die/.5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Smart Pictures/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 nomsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:35:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 noms
Tila Tequila is ready to make some serious life changes.
The former MTV reality star, 30, accidentally overdosed and suffered a brain aneurysm in early March; she later entered a rehab program at the Palms Partners Treatment Center in Florida.
"I can remember feeling like the bones were popping out the side of my head [because] the pain was so bad. I took some medications and tried to go for a nap, but when I woke up I was vomiting," Tequila tells Us Weekly of her near-death experience. "I really thought I was going to die."
Tequila's roommate came home around 1:30 a.m. and found her "slipping in and out of consciousness." Her roommate then dialed 911, and doctors later discovered that Tequila had suffered a brain aneurysm.
After seeking treatment, Tequila feels like a new woman.
"Honestly, I feel like I have been reborn. I should have died and feel blessed to have another chance at life and I intend to grasp it. I got excellent treatment and I did a total detox of all substances and medications. This was really tough but I managed to do it."
Tequila also participated in group and personal counseling sessions, which she says "was really helpful because I got to wipe the slate clean and could talk about a lot of things that I was embarrassed about before."
She adds: "I also got to hear other people talking about their issues and was able to just listen and offer my support to them, too. It really was a great experience for me and I came away from it feeling like a new person."
Tequila "started working on an autobiography" while seeking treatment, and she also joined Dial-A-Star in hopes of helping others in similar situations.
"I love talking to people and hopefully I can help them if they have problems," she tells Us. "This whole experience has made me think about going back to school and taking psychiatry classes as I feel like I could really help people who have issues."
The MySpace celebrity hopes to stay sober in order to fulfill her dreams.
"I would like to get married and have a family and move forward in a positive way. I feel like God was not ready to take me, and I have to make the most of this opportunity that I have been given," she says. "It's odd because what I went through was totally horrible, but I'm glad that I did because it has given me a new lease on life."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite