Tila Tequila Opens Up About Rehab, Brain Aneurysm
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG2 of 16
- Photo: AP/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: Funny or Die/.5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Smart Pictures/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating
Tila Tequila is ready to make some serious life changes.
The former MTV reality star, 30, accidentally overdosed and suffered a brain aneurysm in early March; she later entered a rehab program at the Palms Partners Treatment Center in Florida.
"I can remember feeling like the bones were popping out the side of my head [because] the pain was so bad. I took some medications and tried to go for a nap, but when I woke up I was vomiting," Tequila tells Us Weekly of her near-death experience. "I really thought I was going to die."
Tequila's roommate came home around 1:30 a.m. and found her "slipping in and out of consciousness." Her roommate then dialed 911, and doctors later discovered that Tequila had suffered a brain aneurysm.
After seeking treatment, Tequila feels like a new woman.
"Honestly, I feel like I have been reborn. I should have died and feel blessed to have another chance at life and I intend to grasp it. I got excellent treatment and I did a total detox of all substances and medications. This was really tough but I managed to do it."
Tequila also participated in group and personal counseling sessions, which she says "was really helpful because I got to wipe the slate clean and could talk about a lot of things that I was embarrassed about before."
She adds: "I also got to hear other people talking about their issues and was able to just listen and offer my support to them, too. It really was a great experience for me and I came away from it feeling like a new person."
Tequila "started working on an autobiography" while seeking treatment, and she also joined Dial-A-Star in hopes of helping others in similar situations.
"I love talking to people and hopefully I can help them if they have problems," she tells Us. "This whole experience has made me think about going back to school and taking psychiatry classes as I feel like I could really help people who have issues."
The MySpace celebrity hopes to stay sober in order to fulfill her dreams.
"I would like to get married and have a family and move forward in a positive way. I feel like God was not ready to take me, and I have to make the most of this opportunity that I have been given," she says. "It's odd because what I went through was totally horrible, but I'm glad that I did because it has given me a new lease on life."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite