Tila Tequila Opens Up About Rehab, Brain Aneurysm
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG2 of 16
- Photo: AP/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: Funny or Die/.5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Smart Pictures/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn
Tila Tequila is ready to make some serious life changes.
The former MTV reality star, 30, accidentally overdosed and suffered a brain aneurysm in early March; she later entered a rehab program at the Palms Partners Treatment Center in Florida.
"I can remember feeling like the bones were popping out the side of my head [because] the pain was so bad. I took some medications and tried to go for a nap, but when I woke up I was vomiting," Tequila tells Us Weekly of her near-death experience. "I really thought I was going to die."
Tequila's roommate came home around 1:30 a.m. and found her "slipping in and out of consciousness." Her roommate then dialed 911, and doctors later discovered that Tequila had suffered a brain aneurysm.
After seeking treatment, Tequila feels like a new woman.
"Honestly, I feel like I have been reborn. I should have died and feel blessed to have another chance at life and I intend to grasp it. I got excellent treatment and I did a total detox of all substances and medications. This was really tough but I managed to do it."
Tequila also participated in group and personal counseling sessions, which she says "was really helpful because I got to wipe the slate clean and could talk about a lot of things that I was embarrassed about before."
She adds: "I also got to hear other people talking about their issues and was able to just listen and offer my support to them, too. It really was a great experience for me and I came away from it feeling like a new person."
Tequila "started working on an autobiography" while seeking treatment, and she also joined Dial-A-Star in hopes of helping others in similar situations.
"I love talking to people and hopefully I can help them if they have problems," she tells Us. "This whole experience has made me think about going back to school and taking psychiatry classes as I feel like I could really help people who have issues."
The MySpace celebrity hopes to stay sober in order to fulfill her dreams.
"I would like to get married and have a family and move forward in a positive way. I feel like God was not ready to take me, and I have to make the most of this opportunity that I have been given," she says. "It's odd because what I went through was totally horrible, but I'm glad that I did because it has given me a new lease on life."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite