Tila Tequila Tells Us: I'm Not Pregnant -- Yet!
- Photo: Tommaso Boddi/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: GettyImages.com2 of 7
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Kiley Bishop/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Thought Tila Tequila was with child? Blame it on Twitter.
The reality star misspoke -- er, mis-Tweeted -- when she she announced Dec. 20 that she was pregnant and carrying a surrogate child for her brother and his wife. The pregnancy, she said at the time, was a Christmas gift.
In an interview Dec. 22, Tila explained the apparent mix-up to UsMagazine.com: "I said I'm going to become a surrogate mother for my brother and his wife. That means I'm going to be pregnant. But the words 'going to be' didn't fit," she explained. (Twitter posts are limited to 140 characters.) "So I said 'I'm pregnant.' I'm not, but I'm going to be."
She says she called her brother immediately after Tweeting -- not before. "They've very country," she explained, noting that he's unaware of her Twitter feed. "They live in Texas and don't get online. that's why I just go crazy on the Internet because I know [my family's] not watching."
The call went well, she says. "We were all crying. My brother's wife has been trying to have a baby for about five or six years now." (Tila, 28, declined to give their names or exact ages, only saying that they're "in their mid-30s.")
Tila says that she'll be the child's "aunt" once it's born, and that her brother and sister-in-law will raise the child. "I'm just the carrier. And I won't have to worry about changing the diapers and waking up at 3 a.m. I'll just be the aunt."
She admitted that she's not very far along in the surrogacy process. Her well-connected fiancee Casey Johnson -- heiress to the Johnson and Johnson fortune -- is "going to set me up with a doctor that's really good."
The star also confirms that she and Johnson got engaged "a couple weeks ago." "Casey and I used to hate each other," she admits. But "now she's a totally different woman. I brought her inner beauty out. She's just the most beautiful person I've ever met." Johnson is also taking Tila's legal last name, Nguyen.
It was Johnson's 3 year-old daughter, Ava, that inspired Tila to carry her brother's child. "I'm going to adopt my fiance's daughter," she reasoned to Us. "So I'm going to be a stepmom to a 3-year-old pretty soon. I want to go through a process of what being pregnant feels like for the whole nine months."
The outspoken star admits she's "scared" about the whole process of in vitro: "There's a small chance you might not have it -- and then there's a chance you might have twins or octuplets. Can you imagine Tila Tequila with octuplets? I would die. I would die!"
More from Wonderwall:
Photos: Tila Tequila
More from Us Weekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite