Tori Spelling: I lied about how I lost the baby weight
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks1 of 15
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: @torianddean/Instagram3 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks7 of 15
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.10 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 15
- Photo: Noah Graham/Wonderwall13 of 15
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Body of lies, indeed. Tori Spelling's new memoir, "Spelling It Like It Is," is chock full of juicy revelations about the former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star's life in the spotlight. Among them? The fact that Spelling, 40, lied to Us Weekly about how she lost 45 pounds after the dramatic birth of her son Finn in August 2012.
The mom of four told Us in April 2013 that she had dropped the weight through a combination of low-impact cardio and a "healthy" diet of fish, veggies, soups and "sensible" snacks like rice cakes, edamame, hummus and avocado. However, in "Spelling It Like It Is," she confesses that she actually lost it by basically starving herself.
"I really don't exercise much, period," she writes. "So I took off my weight the old-fashioned way. I like to call it the Just Keep Your F--king Mouth Shut and Eat Air diet. It's all the rage."
Spelling says she lied because she thought the truth wouldn't go over well with her fans. "My publicist had given me clear instructions about what to say about my weight loss," she explains in her book. "Women didn't want to know that I had lost weight through dieting, not exercising. I didn't want to be the a--hole who didn't work for it. So I said that I swam. It was sort of a bad choice. I can't do much more than a doggy paddle."
In fact, the star -- who posed in a bikini in Us Weekly's April 29 issue -- told Us she had taken up swimming on her physician's recommendation. "My doctor suggested I try swimming. It's good for the whole body and low-impact since you're weightless," she explained at the time. "So I started doing that in our pool in January. I don't count laps. I'll swim until I'm sore or play Marco Polo with the kids instead."
Asked whether she was also using an "extreme" diet to lose weight, Spelling replied, "We call ourselves the foodie family -- we love food! Dean [McDermott] is a cook, so even after my pregnancy, he would try new recipes and we'd have these fabulous gourmet meals. That was a hard thing to break."
"At one point I had to say to him, 'Please, you have to start cooking me steamed vegetables until I can get back on track!'" she added of her husband. "I stopped eating simple carbs, sugar, and sauces. And I mostly stopped drinking wine. I also eat a lot of sushi."
"There's no magic pill," she told Us, "but I have never once counted calories. I'm a big believer in eating healthy."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite