Tori Spelling left sweating during awkward Katie Holmes encounter
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Ben Tsui/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: FERNANDO LUCENA/StarTraks6 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
Actress Tori Spelling has slammed Katie Holmes in her latest book, recalling a very awkward encounter with the former Mrs. Tom Cruise, during which she appeared to have no knowledge of the "Beverly Hills, 90210" star's much-publicized family life.
In her new book, "Spelling It Like It Is," the reality TV regular reveals she first met Holmes in the 1990s when she was appearing in the movie "Teaching Mrs. Tingle" with a friend, and recalls the former "Dawson's Creek" star was "shy but engaging, and altogether pretty adorable." And she was thrilled when the two stars' paths crossed again years later outside the studio of a vocal teacher they shared.
RELATED: Katie Holmes joins twitter
Spelling writes, "As I sat waiting outside his (vocal coach Eric Vetro) music room, I heard his prior appointment working with him in the other room. It was some actress singing horribly off-key... That made me feel better. I heard him say good-bye and then the actress walked out of the room. It was Katie Holmes. I didn't know whether we should hug or shake hands. But the signal from her was immediately clear: Don't even come close. I instantly got nervous. We clearly weren't going to catch up on the last 10 years. And we certainly weren't going to talk about her husband, Tom Cruise."
Spelling tried to spark up conversation with Holmes over their children, but the conversation quickly turned sour after Holmes admitted she didn't know Spelling had kids.
She explains, "Then I was annoyed. 'Come on. OK, I know you're busy. But you're in the public eye. Don't tell me you don't follow the tabloids. Don't tell me you don't know anything about other celebrities and their kids.' Then we stood there. She was just plastic. In a perfectly polite way. ... My pits were drenched. I never sweat. It was that awkward. ... As my anxiety faded, I just felt sorry for her. I hadn't expected her to reminisce, but this was a totally different person from the girl I'd met at Trader Vic's. I felt sad for her. Those paparazzi photos, the ones where she looks like she's miserable but putting on a happy face? That's what she looked like in person. Not long after that encounter the news would break that she and Tom had split up."
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite