Candy Spelling: 'It's really hard' to see Tori in pain
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News1 of 13
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: ABC Family/Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: KH1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Lifetime/Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: PNP/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks9 of 13
- Photo: USMagazine10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Xavier Collin/Celebrity Monitor/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- In the Wake of Longmire's Cancellation, What's Next for A&E?MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:00:00 AM
- Returning Favorites: Inside Scandal's Shocking New SeasonMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:00:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Final Four Vote Puts Detonators Loyalty to the TestMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 2:13:00 AM
- Sony More Than Quadruples Loss Forecast to $2.15 Billion for Fiscal YearMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 12:19:00 AM
- Jessica Biel Helps 'New Girl' Embrace Single Life While 'Mindy Project&amMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 9:31:00 PM
- In the Wake of Longmire's Cancellation, What's Next for A&E?
Tori Spelling and mom Candy Spelling haven't had the easiest relationship, but when it comes down to it, Tori is still Candy's little girl. Speaking with HuffPost Live about her daughter on May 6, Candy said it's incredibly difficult to see what Tori has been going through in the wake of husband Dean McDermott's infidelity last December.
Tori's recent hospitalization for migraines -- made worse by the stress of her marital problems -- was particularly rough. (Candy, 68, previously told ET she helped feed her daughter, 40, in the hospital.) "She suffers from migraine headaches the way I used to, and that's very difficult," the "Candy at Last" author explained. "I mean, it's all very emotional."
She continued, "You know, if I could take the hit for her, I would. She's my child -- we're not talking about some crazy reality star here. We're talking about my little girl. So it's really hard for me to have to watch her ever be in pain or ever hurt."
As previously reported, Tori is currently struggling to save her marriage with McDermott, with whom she has four kids, Liam, 7, Stella, 5, Hattie, 2, and Finn, 20 months. As they have before, the couple are documenting their journey on TV, this time on the Lifetime docu-series "True Tori."
Candy told "Access Hollywood" earlier this month that she and her daughter have been talking "almost every day" throughout the saga -- but they haven't always been so close. The two famously feuded in the months before and after the 2006 death of Spelling patriarch Aaron Spelling, creator of Tori's hit show "Beverly Hills, 90210."
"You know, with mothers [and] daughters, especially, there's big love, and there's also big conflict," Candy explained on HuffPost Live. "You will not talk to anybody that says, 'I have the greatest relationship, my mom's my best friend,' that hasn't had a moment where they haven't spoken for a couple days, or a week, or a month. It happens. That's universal."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite