Tracy Morgan Offends With Jokes About the Mentally Disabled
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures4 of 6
- Photo: MAP/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Jim Carrey to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Early This Season (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:34:00 PM
- Rory Kennedy: 'We Haven't Learned the Lessons From Vietnam'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:31:00 PM
- Hey New York Times, Shonda Rhimes Isn't an "Angry Black Woman"MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM
- truTV Working With Tumblr on New 'Hack My Life' SeriesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:04:00 PM
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'NielsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM
- Jim Carrey to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Early This Season (Exclusive)
Tracy Morgan stuck his foot in his mouth -- again.
Only weeks after profusely apologizing to the LGBT community for his homophobic rant at a stand-up performance in Nashville, he managed to offend another group of people: the mentally disabled.
"Don't ever mess with women who have retarded kids," Morgan, 42, said Saturday night at a performance in New York City, as reported by the New York Times. As groans of "uh-oh" were heard in the crowd, he continued, "Them young retarded males is strong. They're strong like chimps."
The "30 Rock" star went on to tell a story about an alleged teenage romance he shared with a girl he described as "a cripple" with a prosthetic arm, a mechanical larynx and a portable dialysis machine.
Earlier in the night, Morgan said something went through his mind "that I can't share with y'all." When the audience encouraged him to spill, he said, "I can't. I just got out of controversy man. This is diabolical."
"I love you all so much," he said. "Did I tell you that tonight? I've been in trouble lately, and this was big for me that you all came out."
The Arc, a nonprofit advocacy group serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is already demanding an apology.
“Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately," Arc CEO Peter Berns, told E! News. "This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
"Mr. Morgan has an incredibly powerful platform from which to fix this, and if he's learned anything in the last few weeks, he can't bomb this apology," Berns continued.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite