Tracy Morgan to apologize for remarks in Nashville
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Wenzelberg/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Pedro Andrade,/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures11 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Comedian Tracy Morgan was in Nashville, Tenn., Tuesday to issue an apology to the lesbian and gay community after an anti-gay rant during his June 3 show there drew fire.
Morgan was scheduled to address reporters Tuesday morning at the Nashville Convention Center after meeting with members of the audience who were offended by his comedy routine and representatives from gay advocacy groups.
RELATED: Morgan Explains Anti-Gay Remarks
The "30 Rock" actor already has issued a public apology. He met with homeless lesbian and gay youth and advocates Friday in New York City as well. Morgan agreed to the Nashville meeting at the request of Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation President Jarrett Barrios.
Morgan was not expected to take questions during the news conference.
The former "Saturday Night Live" cast member is known for an outrageous, unpredictable comedy style where few subjects are taboo. He's tackled homosexual themes and characters before with little outcry. But even Morgan admits he went too far during his June 3 show at Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.
He said during his set that if his son were gay, he would "pull out a knife and stab" him, among other anti-gay statements.
Audience member Kevin Rogers was offended by Morgan's routine and his posting on Facebook brought widespread attention to its content. Rogers is among those Morgan is scheduled to speak with Tuesday before he addresses reporters.
RELATED: Most Powerful Gay Celebrities
Morgan also is expected to participate in a GLAAD anti-bullying public service campaign.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite