Troubled actor Gary Dourdan files for bankruptcy
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Former "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Gary Dourdan has filed for bankruptcy.
RELATED: Stars with edgy style
The actor's financial issues first surfaced in 2010 when he was sued over a credit card debt, and he has continued to struggle with money woes ever since, most recently facing a court battle to stop the foreclosure of his Venice, Calif., home over the summer.
He filed an injunction on 30 August (12) to prevent bank bosses at Wells Fargo from putting the property up for auction to help pay off his mortgage debts, accusing them of failing to offer him a relief plan, and it has now emerged that Dourdan also lodged papers declaring bankruptcy on the same day.
In the court documents, obtained by TMZ, Dourdan claims he has just over $1.8 million in assets, but owes various creditors a total of $1.73 million, with the majority of bills owed to banks.
RELATED: Stars in financial trouble
Among his possessions are a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000, $4,000 in furniture, $1,500 in clothes, and $500 in watches.
He also states that he earns an average of $14,883 a month, but his bills leave him with just $321 in disposable income.
However, Dourdan, 45, is predicting a more promising future and "anticipates major acting roles", which he hopes will help settle his debts.
The actor has not landed a significant film or TV job since his "CSI" analyst character Warrick Brown was killed off in the season nine premiere in 2008.
RELATED: Richest stars under 30
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite