Troubled actor Gary Dourdan files for bankruptcy
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Former "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Gary Dourdan has filed for bankruptcy.
RELATED: Stars with edgy style
The actor's financial issues first surfaced in 2010 when he was sued over a credit card debt, and he has continued to struggle with money woes ever since, most recently facing a court battle to stop the foreclosure of his Venice, Calif., home over the summer.
He filed an injunction on 30 August (12) to prevent bank bosses at Wells Fargo from putting the property up for auction to help pay off his mortgage debts, accusing them of failing to offer him a relief plan, and it has now emerged that Dourdan also lodged papers declaring bankruptcy on the same day.
In the court documents, obtained by TMZ, Dourdan claims he has just over $1.8 million in assets, but owes various creditors a total of $1.73 million, with the majority of bills owed to banks.
RELATED: Stars in financial trouble
Among his possessions are a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000, $4,000 in furniture, $1,500 in clothes, and $500 in watches.
He also states that he earns an average of $14,883 a month, but his bills leave him with just $321 in disposable income.
However, Dourdan, 45, is predicting a more promising future and "anticipates major acting roles", which he hopes will help settle his debts.
The actor has not landed a significant film or TV job since his "CSI" analyst character Warrick Brown was killed off in the season nine premiere in 2008.
RELATED: Richest stars under 30
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite