Troubled actor Gary Dourdan files for bankruptcy
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Former "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Gary Dourdan has filed for bankruptcy.
RELATED: Stars with edgy style
The actor's financial issues first surfaced in 2010 when he was sued over a credit card debt, and he has continued to struggle with money woes ever since, most recently facing a court battle to stop the foreclosure of his Venice, Calif., home over the summer.
He filed an injunction on 30 August (12) to prevent bank bosses at Wells Fargo from putting the property up for auction to help pay off his mortgage debts, accusing them of failing to offer him a relief plan, and it has now emerged that Dourdan also lodged papers declaring bankruptcy on the same day.
In the court documents, obtained by TMZ, Dourdan claims he has just over $1.8 million in assets, but owes various creditors a total of $1.73 million, with the majority of bills owed to banks.
RELATED: Stars in financial trouble
Among his possessions are a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000, $4,000 in furniture, $1,500 in clothes, and $500 in watches.
He also states that he earns an average of $14,883 a month, but his bills leave him with just $321 in disposable income.
However, Dourdan, 45, is predicting a more promising future and "anticipates major acting roles", which he hopes will help settle his debts.
The actor has not landed a significant film or TV job since his "CSI" analyst character Warrick Brown was killed off in the season nine premiere in 2008.
RELATED: Richest stars under 30
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite