Troubled actor Gary Dourdan files for bankruptcy
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Former "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Gary Dourdan has filed for bankruptcy.
RELATED: Stars with edgy style
The actor's financial issues first surfaced in 2010 when he was sued over a credit card debt, and he has continued to struggle with money woes ever since, most recently facing a court battle to stop the foreclosure of his Venice, Calif., home over the summer.
He filed an injunction on 30 August (12) to prevent bank bosses at Wells Fargo from putting the property up for auction to help pay off his mortgage debts, accusing them of failing to offer him a relief plan, and it has now emerged that Dourdan also lodged papers declaring bankruptcy on the same day.
In the court documents, obtained by TMZ, Dourdan claims he has just over $1.8 million in assets, but owes various creditors a total of $1.73 million, with the majority of bills owed to banks.
RELATED: Stars in financial trouble
Among his possessions are a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000, $4,000 in furniture, $1,500 in clothes, and $500 in watches.
He also states that he earns an average of $14,883 a month, but his bills leave him with just $321 in disposable income.
However, Dourdan, 45, is predicting a more promising future and "anticipates major acting roles", which he hopes will help settle his debts.
The actor has not landed a significant film or TV job since his "CSI" analyst character Warrick Brown was killed off in the season nine premiere in 2008.
RELATED: Richest stars under 30
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite