Twitterview: Michael Ian Black of "Michael & Michael Have Issues"Related: Twitterview
- Photo: Fernando Leon / Comedy Central/.1 of 8
- Photo: Martin Crook / Comedy Central/.2 of 8
- Photo: Martin Crook / Comedy Central/.3 of 8
- Photo: Fernando Leon / Comedy Central/.4 of 8
- Photo: Martin Crook / Comedy Central/.5 of 8
- Photo: Martin Crook / Comedy Central/.6 of 8
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
By Saryn Chorney
In the wake of Michael Ian Black's many cult successes (MTV's hit '90s sketch comedy series "The State," summer camp parody flick "Wet Hot American Summer," comedy trio "Stella"), the "Michael & Michael Have Issues" star (left) has even managed to turn his Twitter account into a subversive hit, with 1.3 million followers and climbing. Oh, and the Huffington Post appointed him one of their "50 Funny People You Should Be Following on Twitter." Obviously.
Watch the video: Michael & Michael give advice on bullies
Whether we're laughing at them or with them, Black and his friend, er, frenemy and co-star Michael Showalter have a knack for making issues like insecurity, jealousy and self-loathing ridiculously funny. Currently on the road promoting their Live Tour, Black set aside some time to exchange tweet absurdities with us. Check out the transcript here, then follow @michaelianblack and @WonderwallMSN for more laughs.
@WonderwallMSN: Hey, are you ready for your first Twitterview question?
@michaelianblack: "Why are you so much better at Twitter than Michael Showalter?" I'm a much, much better typist.
@WonderwallMSN: Are you psychic? We figured it was because you are smarter and so much better looking, too.
@michaelianblack: "Are you psychic?" I knew you were going to ask me that.
@WonderwallMSN: Seriously though, "Michael & Michael Have Issues" is great. Please tell us it's coming back for another season.
@michaelianblack: I could tell you that, but so far it isn't true.
@WonderwallMSN: Ok. We will pray for it then. So, we know you and Showalter are frenemies, but are you, Showalter & David Wain in a frenethreesome?
@michaelianblack: I won't dignify that with a fresponse.
@WonderwallMSN: Are you guys ever gonna get together and film that "Wet Hot American Summer" reunion? Or is your Trapper Keeper full of appointments?
@michaelianblack: If you write the check, we'll make the movie.
@WonderwallMSN: Bradley Cooper is a big-time movie star stud now. How was your make-out session with him (in "Wet Hot")?
@michaelianblack: Like f------ a Ken doll.
@WonderwallMSN: Figures! A fan wanted to ask you about "Clash of the Titans." She thinks you look like Harry Hamlin in it. Heard that one before?
@michaelianblack: Yes. Except he's better looking and a lot more successful.
@WonderwallMSN: But he's married to Lisa Rinna! Maybe you can be him for Halloween? You have lots of costume ideas on your Twitter page. What will you be?
@michaelianblack: Probably a 9th grade teacher who fantasizes about his students.
@WonderwallMSN: Showalter has taught some classes. Who would be a better teacher: you, him or Tony Danza?
@michaelianblack: He's a better teacher because he cares about people.
@WonderwallMSN: Wait. Do you mean Sho or Tony D?
@michaelianblack: Sho likes people; I don't know about Tony Danza, but I suspect he's a misanthrope.
@michaelianblack: Also, as much as I love you, I need to leave in a couple minutes. And I DO love you.
@WonderwallMSN: No problem, we know your busy. How about just 3 more questions? What do you think about Jon Gosselin converting to Judaism?
@michaelianblack: I'm all for more Jews. Even scummy ones like him.
@WonderwallMSN: You have a unicorn, Carrie Fisher, a dragon and a taco on your Twitter page. Please explain the significance.
@michaelianblack: If I have to explain it, then you just don't understand anything.
@WonderwallMSN: Ok, we don't get you, but we love you anyway. Last question: What WOULDN'T you do for a Klondike bar?
@michaelianblack: To quote Meatloaf: "I'll do anything for love but I won't do that." And I think we all know what THAT is. Bye!
@WonderwallMSN: We know exactly what THAT is, to quote Hall & Oates: "I can't go for THAT, no can do." Thanks again! Good luck with the tour!
Watch an encore season of "Michael & Michael Have Issues" on Comedy Central, Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 9:30pm.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite