Tyra Banks urges fans to join fight against bullying
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 21
- Photo: AB1/WENN2 of 21
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 21
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com4 of 21
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 21
- Photo: WENN6 of 21
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 21
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 21
- Photo: Fallen Star/Pacific Coast News10 of 21
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News11 of 21
- Photo: GettyImages.com12 of 21
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News13 of 21
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks14 of 21
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News15 of 21
- Photo: Gene Duncan/StarTraks16 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG18 of 21
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage19 of 21
- Photo: Mike Disciullo/Bauer-Griffin20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
Tyra Banks is calling on fans to join the fight against bullying after experiencing "both sides of the fence" as a young girl.
RELATED: Tyra and more celebs out and about
The former catwalk beauty admits she was a mean girl when she was just 9, but she soon learned how nasty and hurtful people's comments could be when she was subjected to the vicious taunts two years later.
Now Banks is urging her devotees to fight back and support the Stop Bullying: Speak Up campaign, which encourages troubled youths not to suffer in silence.
In a post on her Facebook.com page, she writes, "Being kind is the fiercest move you can make! Take the pledge to Stop Bullying: Speak Up."
RELATED: Famous celeb catchphrases
And, in a video message to fans, Banks says, "Join me to help stop bullying by speaking up. Now take it from me, I have been on both sides of the fence. At nine years old, I was a bully. I was the mean girl: 'Oh you can't hang out with us' - I was that kinda girl who used to say that kind of stuff.
"Then, at 11 years old, I lost a lot of weight and grew a lot of inches in only three months and I became the one that was bullied -- the victim. So I got to feel the type of pain that I was inflicting on other girls when I was younger.
"Bullying is not right, it's not good. It's serious business and nobody should feel the pain of bullying."
Banks isn't the only star wanting to stamp out the cruel behavior -- Lady Gaga has also taken a stand and wants U.S. lawmakers to make bullying a crime.
RELATED: Celebs who look scary
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite