Vergara to go streaking if her sitcom wins Emmy
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.1 of 5
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:10 PM
- Man fatally shot backstage at California concertMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:01 PM
- Snake Bites Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer at VMA RehearsalMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 10:15:00 AM
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell MovieMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Posts Video of Stage Fall on InstagramMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:24:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDT
Sexy "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara is preparing to stop traffic in Los Angeles after the Emmy Awards; she's promised to walk naked down Sunset Boulevard if her sitcom wins.
The hit TV show is up for a total of 14 Emmys, including a nomination for the Colombian bombshell in the category of Best Supporting Actress.
Network bosses at ABC responded to the success of "Modern Family" by running a "for your consideration" ad in industry publication Variety, declaring that if the show beats "Glee," "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Nurse Jackie," "The Office" and "30 Rock" to the Outstanding Comedy Series prize, Vergara will "run naked down Sunset Blvd."
The cheeky ad did include a disclaimer, stating, "Cast member may change without notice."
But Vergara admits she's keen to sway members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to vote for her series, by rising to the challenge and baring all on the busy L.A. street.
She says, "You know what, that's ridiculous. I cannot run; I have bad knees. I was planning to do that, you know the sport where they... speed walk. But that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to run."
And her co-star Ed O'Neill is prepared to take her place if Vergara chooses to back down.
She explains, "Ed is ready to do it too. Ed O'Neill. He told me, 'Sofia, if something happens, I'm ready.'"
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on Aug. 29 at a ceremony in Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre.
If Vergara completes the stunt she won't be the only Latin star to strip for a bet: Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias reportedly shed his clothes to water-ski naked in Miami recently to satisfy a World Cup bet.
Iglesias promised to bare his bottom for a nude night ski off the coast of Miami if his national team won the soccer tournament.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCausin' Trouble
From Crowd Ignite